Near Field Communication (NFC) is the next generational evolution of the 13.56MHz contactless standard and is soon to be a ubiquitous technology that allows us to extend our digital lifestyles into the physical world.
NFC is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish radio communication with each other by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no more than a few inches.
NFC offers additional layers of security and two-way communication protocols which allow for a wide range of applications. This potential has lead to a widespread inclusion of NFC enabled chipsets in consumer mobile devices, which is in turn contributing to a near-ubiquitous deployment of the technology. It is also allowing for NFC to be integrated into security systems.
ASAP and our partner, Identive, offer an array of NFC tags, readers and software development kits for trending NFC applications. The Tagtrail™ cloud-based mobile services platform lets organizations of any size deliver dynamic, personalized content and services to consumers’ mobile devices via NFC and QR code interactions – and update their mobile campaigns based on real-time engagement analytics. Tagtrail™ delivers the right message at the right time to the right audience. Introduce new information, increase trust, drive decisions, and change behavior – with our NFC tag management platform. With Tagtrail, your messages get into customers’ personal communication devices, where they can review, share and act on them.
- Couponing – Use Tagtrail to build and reward loyalty with your customers. We can help you target specific information or offers to specific individuals. The same tag can deliver a coupon offer to a loyal customer and a welcome message to a first-time visitor. We can also help you assign multiple-use coupons or let your customers “share the deal” with their friends.
- Social Media – Use Tagtrail to facilitate social engagement through Facebook, Twitter or G+. Place tags at prominent spots within your environment to make it easy for visitors to check in, like or follow your business. Our pre-printed social media tags simplify the connection process for your customers.
- Wayfinding – Use Tagtrail to guide people to your store, restaurant or event. Tags placed on posters can guide people to you with turn by turn directions from wherever the tag is deployed.
- Advertising – Use Tagtrail to advertise weekly, daily, even hourly specials that drive customers to your business, again and again.
- Content Sharing – Use Tagtrail to share content such as blog entries, music, videos, special (even temporary) web pages or product information. And if the content changes, don’t worry about having to change the NFC tags –just update the content via the Tagtrail website, from your PC, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
- WiFi Connect – Use Tagtrail to help customers and visitors quickly and securely connect to your local WiFi.