Every project is different, and while we know that the HID Identity on Demand card services can address a number of obstacles in a badging project, not every project is a perfect fit for these services. It is important for organizations to analyze the costs associated with re-badging efforts when determining which method is the best for meeting their objectives.
The following considerations should also be evaluated:
- What are the internal costs of the project?
- Will additional resources be needed to meet deadlines?
- Rebadging may be just one aspect of the overall project. Will the overall project be in jeopardy if these resources are applied to managing this specific task?
- What about fallout? Typically you should account for approx 10%, so if you need to produce 20,000 personalized iCLASS cards you will need to purchase 22,000 units.
- When planning timelines you will need to account for maintenance and repairs. If you don’t have the budget to purchase additional equipment, your schedule should be based on a percentage of the equipment you have on hand, i.e. if you have 8 printers you should base your schedule on 6.
- Because resources are limited (both hardware and labor), it is important to calculate the opportunity costs associated with dedicating resources to complete this task.
- If you are going to ramp up equipment to handle a rebadging efforts, you need to consider future applications to limit replacing hardware and system unnecessarily.
- Lastly, you should consider the cost of secure warehousing and the uniformity of the finished credential – This gets harder and more expensive with each additional facility.
Regardless if it’s the number of cards, the number of different layouts, or the investment in labor and other equipment, several factors should be considered when evaluating card services over desktop printers. If you decide to invest in a desktop printer, HID Global offers a full range of printers that may address your needs for smaller projects.
Please call ASAP Identification Security for help in evaluating your needs @ 317-488-1030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.